Steps in The Right Direction
Giving monumental a whole new meaning
A new way of thinking about wellness in the workplace
While we may be a little biased about feature stairs at Synergi, it’s no secret that they have the power to transform a space. But, there is more to monumental stairs than aesthetics and a well-engineered design.
Making a habit of taking the stairs can have long-term health benefits. While that may sound overt, it’s something we all must begin taking a bit more seriously. We are all hyper-aware of transmission—today more than ever—and frequenting the stairs upon our return to work is an easy way to not only strengthen ones immune system but also lower the risk of transmitting or catching something through close proximity to other persons; unlike its confined counterpart (cue people coughing in a crowded elevator).
This simple modification can quite literally change your life and the lives of those who occupy your building on a daily basis.
How? Let’s take a look:
- Frequenting the stairs can help protect you against high blood pressure, weight gain and clogged arteries.
- Stair climbing exercises important bones and muscles that are often underused in sedentary jobs. Making a habit of it can strengthen and tone muscle groups and improve bone density.
- Stair climbing burns more calories per minute than jogging! Read that sentence again. Just two minutes a day can stop the average middle-aged weight gain.
- Taking the stairs can drastically improve your cardiovascular health over time.
- It is also proven to reduce the risk of stroke.
- You are less likely to catch or pass on a viral infection by taking the stairs vs the elevator. Adding this one in again for good measure.
While stairs greatly impact the design and functionality of a building as well as assist with the health and well-being of its occupants, we believe we can do more. As the built environment works to reimagine the post-covid workplace, let’s include stairs in the conversation. We have a few ideas on how they can adapt to this new world and would love to hear your thoughts as well.
Take a look at some of the monumental, design-assist stairs we’ve brought to life around the U.S. and then contact us to continue the conversation.
Let’s give monumental a whole new meaning.
working in partnership with leading firms to bring simply iconic designs to life.